Honoring Emotional Resilience in New Educators: Developing the Habits and Dispositions to Flourish
May 10 and 17, 2022 | 4–5:30 p.m. via Zoom
Facilitators, Robin Henrikson and Emily Huff, will lean into the work and adapt activities from the book Onward by Elena Aguilar.
By attending Honoring Emotional Resilience in New Educators: Developing the Habits and Dispositions to Flourish, participants will be able to reflect, celebrate, and dialogue in learning communities. Participate in this learning opportunity to unpack experiences and expectations that will help you flourish as an educator.
Through personal reflection and collaborative dialogue, participants will:
- Evaluate your levels of emotional resilience by reflecting on personal and professional experiences over the last two years
- Formalize the tools and habits that will enable you to flourish next year and beyond
- Formalize some professional and personal goals that align with your values
- Identify the personal and professional networks that will help support your continued success
- Develop a plan for being accountable to your personal and professional vision
Washington State ASCD is focused on recovery efforts and trauma-invested practices that support a Whole Child approach.
Who Should Attend:
First–third year teachers and those who support them.